Who is eligible for case management services?

To be eligible for case management services, children/adolescents must be Seriously Emotionally Disturbed (SED) with a defined serious mental illness, such as bipolar disorder or attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and must exhibit at least one of the following:

  • Have service needs that require more significant interventions over time
  • Problems in personality development and social functioning for one year or more
  • Problems that are increasing over time
  • Significant problems in contrast to others of their age

Children under age 7 who are at-risk of SED must meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Have caregivers with predisposing factors (such as a parent with a history of major mental illness) that could result in the child developing serious emotional or behavioral problems
  • Have experienced physical or psychological stressors (such as abuse) that put them at risk of serious emotional problems
  • Exhibit behavior or maturity that is significantly different from other children their age

Contact Us

For more information contact Scott Britton, Mental Health Care Coordinator, at 804-758-4035.

Show All Answers

1. Billing Questions?
2. Who is eligible for case management services?
3. Who pays for the service?
4. Do I need a referral for Intensive Outpatient Family Therapy Services?
5. How do families obtain services with Three Rivers Healthy Families?